What is Teeth Cleaning?
What is Teeth Cleaning?
A teeth cleaning is a normal dental procedure that everyone should have on a regular basis in order to preserve good tooth health. This procedure is used to enhance and maintain oral hygiene. Teeth cleanings are vital for maintaining good general physical health, not just dental health, in addition to preventing specific oral health disorders. Good oral hygiene is a critical component of overall health.
We've all heard that eating unhealthy meals like sugary sweets or junk food can lead to tooth decay and dental problems over time. And, while this is true, did you know that eating a balanced diet is only one aspect of maintaining good dental hygiene? When it comes to taking care of your mouth, regular teeth cleanings are just as vital as showering. The teeth cleaning procedure eliminates germs, plaque, and tartar accumulation in the mouth to leave you with a fresh, sparkling smile!
At Northampton Dental, we take dental cleanings extremely seriously. We urge all of our patients to have regular teeth cleanings, in addition to other important dental treatments and procedures, in order to preserve long-term oral health.
The Importance of Regular Teeth Cleanings
One of the most essential things you can do to care for your teeth is to have regular dental cleanings. At Northampton Dental, we think that keeping your teeth clean by seeing the dentist on a regular basis is not only a fantastic way to boost your self-esteem by ensuring that your pearly whites are bright and glossy but also a terrific way to ensure that your entire body is healthy and feeling great. Here are some other reasons why dental cleanings are critical:
Book an appointment with Northampton Dental for professional dental cleaning in Tomball, TX.
- Prevents gum disease - Having your teeth cleaned on a regular basis will help you avoid this frequent dental ailment. Gum disease, if left untreated for too long, can cause not just foul breath and sensitive gums, but also bleeding and receding gums.
- Reduces bad breath - If you suffer from bad breath, scheduling a routine teeth cleaning may help you resolve the issue. Regular tooth cleanings can help prevent bad breath and make your mouth taste better.
- Early identification of oral cancer - During each tooth cleaning, your dentist will examine your mouth for any symptoms of oral cancer (among other issues). Early identification is critical for successfully treating oral cancer, therefore keeping up with your dental cleanings can make all the difference in prevention.
- Decreased risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes - Maintaining good dental hygiene has been related to a healthier cardiovascular system as well as a lower risk of diabetes and other comparable disorders. It may come as a surprise, but your mouth is the key to excellent overall health!
- Reduces the risk of cavities - Cavities are produced by bacteria, and bacterial accumulation is more likely when your teeth have a lot of plaque and tartar. When you go for your routine teeth cleaning, the plaque, tartar, and nasty germs are eliminated, thereby lowering your chances of developing any cavities in the future!
- Allows for the examination of a poor bite or TMJ - Dental cleaning sessions are an excellent opportunity to check-in and ensure that everything appears to be in good working order. As a result, if you have any problems with your jaw, your dentist will discover them sooner rather than later and will be able to assist you to fix them more efficiently.