Dentures are a perfect tooth replacement treatment option. They have been in use for quite a long time now and are still considered one of the most commonly used tooth replacements. So, if you are suffering from problems related to one or multiple missing teeth, going for denture treatment can be a wise choice.
We have come up with the significant benefits of dentures in this blog. Go through the sections below if you are wondering why to choose denture over any other options.
Benefits of Dentures!
They Improve Your Smile's Appearance
Missing teeth can ruin the way your smile looks. It might help you restore confidence in your appearance if you feel conscious while smiling or conversing with others. You can now smile freely without worrying about what other people will think, thanks to the natural look of a denture. Getting it can also play a vital role in reducing facial shagging, which is usually caused due to missing teeth.
They Are Specifically Made For Your Mouth
The dentures will be specifically designed while keeping your oral requirements under consideration. Your dentist will make sure that you get the most comfortable fit. This implies you will not feel any discomfort while eating, drinking, or talking.
The dentist will take a mold of your mouth and create dentures that match your natural teeth. He/she can replace it with new ones if your jawbone changes over time.
Very Easy To Clean
Since dentures are removable, it's easy to maintain a regular dental hygiene regimen. All you need to do is use a soft-bristle toothbrush and a special denture cleaning. This will help keep your dentures clean and free of the bacteria and plaque that could cause gum disease.
They Can Help Prevent Other Oral Health Problems
Suffering from missing teeth increases the risk of other oral health issues such as gum disease. Going for dentures at a reliable dental office can help prevent such problems easily.
How To Take Care Of Dentures?
Now that you know the benefits of dentures, the best dentist in Tomball has come up with tips to take proper care of dentures.
- It is essential to take off and clean your dentures after a meal. Wash them with water to get rid of food particles and other loose particles that could stick to your dentures. Additionally, make sure to keep your dentures in a clean area after removing them.
- Be careful not to bend or break the plastic or the clasps while cleaning your denture.
- Brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush, and then clean your mouth's tongue, cheeks, and roof with a piece of gauze (palate). Clean your gums to remove any leftover denture adhesive (if used).
- Remove it and clean them thoroughly every day. Soak your dentures and clean them with a soft-bristled toothbrush and nonabrasive denture cleanser to get rid of food, plaque, and other deposits.
- The majority of denture types need moisture to stay in good condition. It can be pretty beneficial to soak the dentures in water or a mild denture-soaking solution overnight. Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer for cleaning and soaking solutions (if you use any). Speak with your dentist for guidance on how to preserve your dentures safely.
Book an appointment with Northampton Dental if you want the best denture treatment in Tomball, TX. Give us a call to schedule your visit today! Our dentist and a team of experienced dental professionals are always ready to help you with the best possible dental care.